Saturday, July 31, 2010

Chasidy

It's a Southern thing. And it drives me BONKERS.

Some Southerners name their little girls Chasidy. It's a bastardization of Chastity, I suppose, but to me it just seems like a stupid way to spell a name.

I mean, look, my six year old just informed me that Chasidy is a pretty name but the way you spell it is really dumb.

Anyway, Southerners have a hard time getting any respect from the rest of the country as it is, we don't need any more kids running around with misspelled names. You wouldn't name your kid Fayth (please say you wouldn't) or Howp, or Charity... so why Chasidy?

Then there's Desiree, which seems like a fine name if you want your child to grow up and be a stripper.

Oh well. It seems that the one good thing that's come out of the Madison naming trend is that the Chasidy naming trend is now over. All of the potential little Chasidys out there got to be Madysyns instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment